Stet by Ria Bacon

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Sweet IE shortcut

ALT+D
Selects the text in the Address bar

CTRL+ENTER (this is the sweet one)
Adds "www." to the beginning and ".com" to the end of the text typed in the Address bar.

I know, I know, autocomplete is better but I just flushed my caches this morning. My office mate had to spend five hours watching the helpdesk guy take control of her PC (spooky) to get rid of a trojan. She had to sit and wait, wait to be told when to restart, which was every 15 minutes, it seemed. A real enema job. She could hear the techie muttering to himself, "Ohhh, I've never seen one of those before. Most interesting." Probably stroking his goatee while he peers at the screen.

And btw, I know, I know, Firefox blah blah. Run it at home but here everything is house bound to a few (ahem) trusted programs such as IE. Make that trussed. Security is tight.