Stet by Ria Bacon

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

For now we see through a glass, darkly

First day back in the office, keyboard failure and 17 °C, so I spent the first hour in my coat fiddling with the cables running under my desk. Maintenance has been busy over Xmas and I now have a shatter-proof screen on my window. You might imagine that they would have cleaned the window before applying the film, but no, they stuck it straight on top of years and years of grime. This means of course that the window can never be cleaned! Can you believe it? Not that it has been cleaned for a very long time. The reason is that two years ago, a group of secretaries pestered the maintenance service until they sent someone to clean their windows. He fell off the ledge and died. Since then no one dares make another request.
Link