Stet by Ria Bacon

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Whoring's too good for you

With the huge rush of interest in automatic blog referrals, I've seen lots of comments about becoming addicted to BlogExplosion, BlogClicker & Co. And I have to admit I got sucked in too. But I rarely do more than glance at each blog, just get on with something else while waiting to move on to the next site. The same thing happens with my "visitors", judging from the stats. I feel a bit of an idiot, waiting to click the fish, hat or car, as if we're actually being used as part of a global psychology experiment. I'm sure there are other test groups made up of rats, pigeons and monkeys. They get a peanut each time they wait and click the right image - I get a "mystery prize" of five more credits. Who's the smart one?

Another comment that's doing the rounds is, "I'm such a blog whore!" That's giving whoring a bad name. At least there there's more discrimination on each side. But maybe I'm wrong...