Stet by Ria Bacon

Thursday, March 31, 2005

No pictures please



The fourth of five posts about Italian election posters. One more tomorrow, then I swear I'll stop boring you with pictures of Italian wannabe politicos and start boring you with
[insert wry self-deprecation which commenters will contradict in a spontaneous outpouring of admiration for my wit and insight].



In a desperate attempt at novelty among all the headshots of middle-aged men grinning inanely for your vote, there is now the anti-image candidate who only shows the back of his head.
Meet Gerri.
I don't know why, but I suspect he isn't wearing any shoes with that pin-striped suit.

Whiteout
According to Italian law, as of one month before the election date, posters can only be of a certain maximum size. Any larger posters still remaining after this date are unceremoniously covered up.


Isn't this a great country?


Red Noses


There hasn't been the same rash of red noses that hit most of the political posters last year.




















I hope you've been taking notes

After all my babble about these posters, I leave the final candidate's picture to you. Discuss.


World fitness champion